Saturday, August 28, 2010

Plotting numbers on a map

One recent improvement in #Blogger are its new statistics. The visitor numbers are accumulated per country and this is projected on a world map.

Looking at this map, I need to concentrate on the USA because this is where my audience is.

Feedjit uses the same data and in stead of accumulating the numbers per country it shows my traffic as dots on a map.

Having traffic projected in this way, I find my audience in Europe. There is nothing for me in Alaska but there are some people interested in what I write in Africa.

The Wikimedia Foundation is experimenting with geo-location. It would be interesting to see if Wikipedia's traffic shows a similar distribution.
Thanks,
       GerardM

1 comment:

Dami said...

You don't get a map but you do get usable numbers and graphs at http://stats.wikimedia.org/reportcard/.

Europe seems to be in the lead as far as visitors go.